All boys and girls from preschool to grade 6 are welcomed and encouraged to attend
This four day camp will cover the basics of wrestling.
The wrestling room at Saint Peter High School.
Each year in early November before the wrestling season starts.
Each November, our wrestling association offers a free wrestling trial where the team welcomes families and kids that want to come and see what wrestling is all about. If you have a child from preschool to grade 6, bring them out to the Saint Peter High School to learn about wrestling and participate in a hands-on experience that will immerse them into the sport for a 4 day period. In 2019, this event was hosted from Monday, November 4th through Thursday, November 7th. The 4 day event is run in a similar manner to the way practices are run and is a good chance for the parents and kids to get a feel for what is learned and reinforced throughout the wrestling season. This session is ideal for kids looking to a fun new sport or returning wrestlers who want to sharpen up their basic skills. At the end of the free session there will be opportunities to sign up and become a member of the team.
What Else Should You Know?
- There is no registration required. Simply come to the Saint Peter High School wrestling room on one or all of the nights to start at the times posted.
- Parents will need to sign a waiver at the first session.
- There is no requirement to commit to all 4 days (although it is encouraged). Please come to the sessions that work for you.
- Your child should be dressed in shorts or sweatpants, socks, and any t-shirt. If you have wrestling shoes, they can wear those, otherwise socks are just fine.
- If you have headgear, you can feel free to bring it, but it is not required.
Our coaching staff and board can help answer any questions you have.